What a 1st week of High School basketball in the Augusta, GA CSRA area. With kick-off tournaments taking place all over the area at Evans HS, Greenbrier HS/Middle, and various other schools in the area. #HoopQuestCSRA5 teams were in action and there are some changes in this week Top 5.
Weekly Top Performers:
1. 2019 PG Richard Crawford (Greenbrier HS) opens the season off with 2 nice productive outings: Friday night vs. Laney - 25 points w/4 3's and Saturday night vs. Josey - 22 points, 5 assists, and 3 rebounds. Greenbrier loss both games: 55-53 vs. Laney and 52-47 vs. Josey.
2. Not surprised by Lakeside HS start to the season, 2-1 in there first 3 games. Witnessed them in the Hoop Quest Fall Basketball League (HQFBL); this team is very hard nose defensively and can score all over the court with a lot of their versatile players. These early battles in the CSRA will prepare them for Region play vs. the Atlanta-Metro portion of their region schedule along with their Columbia County foes.
3. 2018 PG Donald Henley and 2019 Forward Maurice Paige will be a good inside and out tandem this year for the Laney Wildcats. Henley can flat out score in bunches and is the team leader for the young Wildcats. Paige has potential to be a workhorse and be an automatic double-double if he can stay focused and dialed in all season long.
4. Who is this kid Nate Dunlap? Word is Augusta Christian School has a player on campus. Young man scored 43 points, impressive and worthy enough for Hoop Quest to be in the gym soon to check out this young 2019 SF that is very skilled and gifted.
Check below to see the ranking of your favorite CSRA team and look for the #HoopQuestCSRA5 hashtag.
Week 2 - November 20, 2016:
1. Richmond Academy (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 2-0
Notes: Saturday night game vs. Lakeside HS will be a #HoopQuestCSRA5 #1 vs. #3 Match-up.
2. Butler Bulldogs (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 1-1
Notes: Interesting match-ups this Thanksgiving Weekend in the 100 Black Men vs. Greenbrier (Fri) and Statesboro (Sat).
3. Lakeside (Martinez, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 2-1
Notes: Bounced back this week with 2 wins vs Josey and Laney. 2 more tough games this weekend in the 100 Black Men vs. Richmond and a rematch with Josey.
4. Thomson (Thomson, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 0-0
Notes: We are still waiting for the Bulldogs to hit the court this year. 1st game is scheduled for 12/3 @ Warren County.
5. Glenn Hills Spartans (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 1-0
Notes: The Spartans started off the season with a W in the Evans Tip-Off vs. Bowden 84-56. This is an experienced and tough coached team that will make noise this year in the CSRA Basketball landscape.
Other Teams to Watch: Josey (Augusta, GA); North Augusta (North Augusta, SC); Aquinas (Augusta, GA); Westside (Augusta, GA); Aiken (Aiken, SC)
Tag(s): Hoop Quest Report