This Week Top Performers/Stories:
1. Laney is 6-1 and finding ways to continue their previous winning school traditions from the past 6 years. Match-up vs. Glenn Hills and Butler for the young Wildcats this week. #HoopQuestCSRA5 Match-Up
2. Thomson faces the best guards they will see all season in 2018 G Will Richardson and 2017 PG Davion Mitchell (Auburn Signee) of Liberty County this Saturday. Football players have returned and we should get a good look at the Bulldogs.
3. King of Columbia County Basketball will be displayed this Friday night with Greenbrier hosting Lakeside. The sophmore guard match-up of 2019's Kaylen Williams (Lakeside) vs. Richard Crawford (Greenbrier) will be a sight to see with both playing a pivotal role in their respective team potential success. Who's supporting case will step up? Advantage - Lakeside (Berrien/Hall).
Check below to see the ranking of your favorite CSRA team and look for the #HoopQuestCSRA5 hashtag.
Week 4 - December 11, 2016:
1. Butler Bulldogs (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 4-1
Notes: Bulldogs face a tough match-up tonight vs Josey and will have to contain the young Laney Wildcats this Friday night. #HoopQuestCSRA5 Match-Up's
2. Josey (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 7-1
Notes: Eagles are on a 7 game winning streak since there loss to Lakeside. Tonights game vs. Butler will be won by who can cause the most turnovers and get easy buckets.
3. Lakeside (Martinez, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 6-3
Notes: This has been the CSRA's most exciting team to watch for #HoopQuest. The fact that there role players outside of Berrien/Hall/Williams have been quiet at times. As Coach Jeff Williams gets all players and pieces to start clicking at one time, this team will be a team to watch compete in GA-6A.
4. Glenn Hills Spartans (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 4-2
Notes: 2 tough losses last week to Lakeside and Butler; both last minute game breakdowns that didn't fall in the Spartans favor. Another hot streaking team, Laney Wildcats, welcome the Spartans at home tonight.
5. Richmond Academy (Augusta, GA)
2016-2017: Record: 6-2
Notes: The Musketeers backcourt with Weaver & Stephens needs to get it going if the Musketeers are to make a GA-4A run this year. 2017 PF/SF Moses Williams has been a workhorse and consistent.
Other Teams to Watch: Aquinas (Augusta, GA), Thomson (Thomson, GA), Laney (Augusta, GA), North Augusta (North Augusta, SC); Westside (Augusta, GA); Aiken (Aiken, SC)
Tag(s): Hoop Quest Report